Status
    Ohio
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Looking for parts

Hello everyone,
    I am currently working on repairing my father's Ram 50 and I am looking for a few specific parts and was hoping i could get some help. I need: a lock ring for a front drive hub (auto hub), a set of power steering seals, and some differential seals/gaskets as the rear diff is leaking. Also wondering what I might need to do for my engine swap plans. I wanna drop in a 350+ hp mopar 318 and need advice on that.
    Thanks all,
    A. B.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    318 is a popular swap and has been done a few times. I'm not a big V8 guy but I think the 318 looks nice and compact in the small Ram engine bay. Like it fits and it wasn't shoehorned in with half the firewall cut away, wheel well cut out to fit headers, etc. Search around for build threads for ideas.

Do you have part numbers for the parts you need? I suggest digging through partsbase.org for your application and getting all of the OEM part numbers you need. Then head over to RockAuto.com and see what they have in stock.

People with way more experience than me said the power steering seal kit is a temporary fix at best and will start leaking again, because the physical gear gets worn down and new seals can't stop the leak. Thus to really get it leak free, the whole gear needs to be re-manufactured. That can run $250-300 on RockAuto.com but maybe you can find a local shop to reman it for less.

Please introduce yourself and truck in the Member's Introductions forum and post some pics up of that D50. Welcome!

Array
    Status
    Ohio
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks, any suggestions on completely replacing the locking hubs?

Array
    Status
    Ohio
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Not much avail on parts sites, found the shop manual and got a scan of the hub section. I need the lockwasher, #7 in the picture. I also found out that the steering box itself isn't leaking but a different spot within the steering system.

Array
    Status
    Ohio
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Scan0010.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by RamD50 View Post
    Not much avail on parts sites, found the shop manual and got a scan of the hub section. I need the lockwasher, #7 in the picture. I also found out that the steering box itself isn't leaking but a different spot within the steering system.