I started an intro thread but I figured this is more appropriate to document the progress........

Picked up my 87 Dodge Ram 50 from a friend of mine in Sept. 2015. The truck was purchased new by his uncle and then at some point his father purchased it, so I '"know" where its been. Ive bugged them over and over for years to let me grab this from them. Unfortunate circumstances led them to get rid of it and I was the first person they contacted.

The body is straight...It was filthy and had been sitting for over a year.
It took me a couple tries to get the truck started. a new battery, fresh gas and stabil treatment and I got it fired up.
Rev'd the crap out of it all the way home and "blew" the dust off it.

That was before....
This was after....

I have done a complete tune up....plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, thermostat, PCV valve, drive belt and fuel filter.
Truck runs pretty good but the carb is waaaaay to rich. It diesels for a good 3 minutes after you turn it off.

I just ordered a Weber 32/36 for it and I have a set of Z71 alloys that need tires. I also have the ali express indicator switch that still needs to be installed.

Other immediate plans are cut front springs 3/4 to 1 coil and 3" blocks in rear, new CD player and 6.5" speakers installed in the lower B pillar area behind seat and order the electric fuel pump.

Ill need to get some more pictures up as things progress.