Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Weber Worth It?

Hey guys, I have been thinking about the Weber Carb swap and emissions delete for a little bit now, but it seemed too pricey. Saw this Weber 32/36 carb (https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/5250097945.html) on craigslist and thought otherwise. If i can get it for 50 buck is it worth it? Or are these old webers more trouble than they are worth? Shit, is this even a genuine weber? Shouldn't it say on the side?

I guess I'm asking if spending 250 or whatever on a new weber would be more worth it in the long run. Thanks for the opinions!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are a couple of things you have to keep in mind when buying any second hand carby. They can leak air around the throttle shafts from wear and the throttle butterfly plates can warp too. This carby is filthy so it's hard to tell if it's genuine (or complete). And, although these aren't too complicated to pull down and rebuild, is it in your skill level to tackle it? I'd break it down into these factors - initial purchase price, rebuild kit, possibly re-bushing the throttle shafts, adding the adapter plate and re-jetting it to suit your engine. A few of these things you'll have to go through whether or not you buy a new one. If you can beat the dude down to $50 and you are prepared to take a gamble I'd say go for it.

Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks geezer, I went to look at this part and boy was it a piece--ended up not going with it.