Thread: new guy, Savannah, ga

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max

new guy, Savannah, ga

Hey all,

New guy from Savannah, ga. I have a 1987 Mighty max. My dad bought it new in 1987 and put clear coat on it within weeks.. still has original paint and looks real good. It was his work truck so there are a few dings and dents but overall, it's a beautiful truck. inside is immaculate, seat is a little worn but expected. The dash is in perfect shape. The engine is all original with over a million miles on it. I don't personally know of a rebuild as my dad was a certified mechanic for many years and babied this truck. The rims are Halibrand Magnesiums from the mid 1930's handed down from my great grandfather, I think they look nice but because they're magnesium, they always look corroded. I polished them one time and literally within minutes they started to tarnish, so, I leave them to their natural state.

I did install a small stereo system as the original speakers were trash... a couple Rockford Fosgate amps, 7 speakers, custom fiberglass pillars for the tweeters (my first glass project). I purchased sound deadener but haven't installed it yet..

anyway, babble babble... sorry for the long intro... I'm glad to be a part of this forum and hope to learn alot.

later

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome, cool story on the truck, got any pics? What do you have planned for it?

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    thanks brother..

I plan on dropping it in the next couple weeks. I am building a street performance chevy 350 but it's been really slow because of school, hopefully i get it in within the year. I will be coupling that with a 700R4 trans and will have to play with the gears once it's in. I'm only looking at 330 horses so i'll have to balance out the torque otherwise when I hit the gas I'll never get anywhere. lol.. but until then I plan on doing the drop. I have been looking for seats to replace the bench but really no luck yet.. I plan on doing up some fiberglass door panels so I can add a couple more sets of speakers.. I only have an 8" JBL right now, and am lookin at the JL Audio 10" but want to do up a fiberglass box for that too.. gotta ensure i have enough airspace behind the seat though.. those damn things are huge!! I want to have the hood airbrushed in remembrance of my dad. Also, i'm looking at power window and lock kits to install as well as an a/c kit (no a/c in georgia SUCKS!!). I don't want to bring too much attention to it really, i'm 40 years old and enjoy the build rather than the completed project so even when I think i'm "done" i really don't think that will be the case... whew.. so this is a start of a long project truck.. lol..

laterz

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    welcome to the site...glad to have you here. start a build thread and keep us all posted on progress. AND PICS ARE ALWAYS A PLUS.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    welcome! I too am in Savannah Ga. I saw your in Richmond hill, Thats pretty much the other side of the city from me. I live about 15min from tybee island.