Array
    Status
    Austin, tx
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Few questions about the ol' dodge

Wondering if there is a body lift kit anywhere for an 1st gen ram 50 custom. if there is a universal one or if spring spacers will work? Ride quality is good just want to fit some 31x10.5x15 in the front and still have some decent clearance.

Also i have a small vibration on take offs every now and then coming from rear diff. Haven't opened it up to look at fluid but will soon.

loud ping when shifting from park to reverse only. Sounds like a rock hitting a metal post and is pretty loud, also sometimes I'll put in park and it won't fully engage unless I push it all the way foreword.

still getting squeaking sound from u joints and center bearing. Been greasing them but is getting to where grease will only last a week or so before its back. Easy way to replace u joints? Do I need to rent a press?

Still getting a tiny leak from trans oil pan :/ when I flushed and replaced filter about a month ago I noticed the pan was not completely flat, like someone over torqued it and now it's wavy. I used the liquid gasket to seal because no shop anywhere had the correct fitting gasket for my 85. Thought if I laid it semi thick in the spots that were not flat it would fix the leak. It went a few hundred miles completely dry but just saw it had a couple drops again. Checked the level and it still reads right at full. Any other ideas or should I just try to find a good used trans oil pan?

Also planning on rhino lining the interior and suggestions on what to do for the two small rust holes in the cab? Bondo? I'm not to experienced at auto body stuff but plan on learning! I'm hoping to paint the entire exterior soon as well

Replaced all bushings and ball joints a couple weeks ago and though it took a whole weekend and it looked like I was in a fight club afterward I got it all done! Rides sooooo much better

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice this trucks my baby and just wanna make sure it's 100%

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Sounds like you have 2wd truck. Body lift i do not of any and me personally would never do one even if it was offered too much trouble. That small vibration sounds like carrier bearing so replace all u-joint on prop shaft and the carrier and go from there. Shaft is index so mark its relation to yokes front and rear . Tranny pan remove flatten as best as possible then make your gasket from roll material or buy new to you used pan from pick and pull. Small holes in cab DO NOT use Bondo it is porous like a sponge correct way is too, (1) remove rust then weld up holes or (2) treat rust (chemical conversion) to make it inert then either fiber glass or use like JB weld with a little patch panel. Number (1) is best way and recommended permanent fix to issue. Number (2) is just temp fix until you can get time or money to do number (1)

Array
    Status
    Austin, tx
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Ya I'm getting new u joints and carrier bearing this weekend. Looked at mine and its pretty bad. Carrier bearing sagging like crazy and I can see shiny metal on u joints where I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be rubber.
    is there only three u joints on this truck? It IS 2wd
    is there any way to do a small suspension lift or any other options? Spring spacers ? If the body lift is not recommended
    thanks for the quick reply!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'm not hot on lift kits and considering the MM/D50 has a centre carrier bearing in them it will mess with the tail shaft alignment. OMG these things sound like tanks when the drivetrain joints are fragged (not good on the output bearing in the gearbox either when they get that bad)