Thread: Weber jetting correct?

Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Many thanks to GEEZER. I set up my 32/36 Weber on 2.0 G63B with Australian headers using his jet settings.
    As we say in Texas, "It's running like a lizard on a hardwood floor"!! Great power, smooth and getting much improved gas mileage.

ElSupremo

Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Here are the the jetting sizes for a 32/36 DGAV relating to a 2000cc engine-

Main jet - (primary throat) 1.35
    (secondary throat) 1.30

Air Correction - (primary throat) 1.75
    (secondary throat) 1.45

Emulsion tube - (primary throat) F50
    (secondary throat) F66

Idle jet (primary throat) 0.50
    (secondary throat) 0.50

Idle air (primary throat) 1.50
    (secondary throat) 0.70

*bearing in mind that the venturis are the right diameter for your engine, this is only a base line guide.
    I've used 'primary' instead of the term 'progressive' - I think it's easier to understand. And the jetting seems to be too big for your engine, especially the main jets (the above chart shows the primary main being the bigger jet)

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Good to hear elsupremo. I pulled the jetting data from the 'WEBER CARBURETORS' bible by Pat Braden. It's an excellent resource manual and it contained a ready chart for the set up most commonly referred to for an upgrade on mightyram. What sort of improvement are you getting on your MPG?

Array
    Status
    van alstyne, tx
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Good to hear elsupremo. I pulled the jetting data from the 'WEBER CARBURETORS' bible by Pat Braden. It's an excellent resource manual and it contained a ready chart for the set up most commonly referred to for an upgrade on mightyram. What sort of improvement are you getting on your MPG?
    I ran the carb for almost a year using the jets that came with it. On the one long trip that I took staying at 55-60 MPH for about 350 miles each way I got a little over 29 MPG. Daily driving averaged 23-24 MPG. This is using regular pump gas containing ethanol.

I have yet to change the secondary emulsion tube from F50 to F66 and the primary idle jet from .60 to .50. With the other new jetting I have gotten a little over 27 average. That leads me to believe that I might get over 30MPG on a 55-60 MPH long trip. I have access to pure regular gas and might try some later just to see how much more improvement I can get with it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The thing to remember with E10 gas is that the ethanol leans out the mixture, requiring more fuel to compensate. If you run non ethanol fuel, it may run rich or be perfect. I am interested in your results, as I have the 86 project truck to get running again with a weber conversion.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You might find changing the emulsion tubes will have very little impact on performance. I would be tempted to say your current set up is close to perfect (if it is running the tiniest bit on the rich side it would be safe to leave it there in case you get into hills/mountains, towing a load or getting a tank of crap fuel). Using 97+ might not yield any big improvements on MPG but it'll run crazy smooth on it once you've tuned the engine to make the most of it.

Array
    Status
    El Paso, Tx
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Okay i was about to order the jets online, but i just wanted to be sure i get the correct ones.

Main jet - (primary throat) 1.35
    (secondary throat) 1.30

Air Correction - (primary throat) 1.75
    (secondary throat) 1.45

Those are what are recommended. However on the website the sizes are listed as .130, .135 ect. Not sure if i just ignore the decimals not being in the same place or if i need to convert from one unit to another to get the correct size. Anyone know?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Looks like they just screwed up the decimal place. They are using cm to convert (which is stupid of them not to identify those as the measured units) .13 cm = 1.3mm

The jet sizes are correct Mischif, so order to your hearts' content and get motoring!

Array
    Status
    El Paso, Tx
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Jets came in today!!! Just finished putting them in and readjusting the idle mixture, idle speed, and then mixture again. A little surprised at how much adjusting i had to do. With the old jets with everything dialed in i was getting 18ish" of vacuum, with the new jetting and everything adjusted im sitting just about at 20" of vacuum now. I replaced both air correction and main jets. I had ordered an idle jet to replace the .60 i have on the primary side but i ordered the wrong style . My weber uses the big style idle jet on the primary and then the small style on the secondary. Oh well i'm gonna drive it around for a bit and then decided if i want to go ahead and get the right idle primary or not.

Gonna go cruise and see what kind of difference i can tell.

Array
    Status
    Candler NC
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Anyone know why it lists two sets of air jets?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12