Array
    Status
    Haslet,Tx
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

O-75mph in 30 minutes- truck update

Okay so after so much bs today with my truck I really need some help, I'm going to just list what has been done and what problems I have. I have a 1995 2.4 4g64 I have change all filters except fuel pump strainer. Cap and rotor plugs and wires. I just replaced all injectors. Have changed oil and flushed coolant. Replaced exhaust mani after finding a crack. Cleaned egr valve and change gasket. Cleaned throttle body and maf sensor . Checked ecu. After changing the injectors the truck had new life brought to it. But 3/4 of the way into my trip the distributor came loose and the truck started to buck and pop and bog down on hills. After getting it back adjusted the truck now has no power at all I pulled over to look at the cat to Check it and it was glowing red so I dropped it and then I tried it.. It got worse. I have never had this problem with the truck I have 150+psi on all for cylinders . I'm going crazy please just tell me my baby is not wasted. After adjusting the timing back to 7° Btdc. the truck sounded okay but now it has gotten worse and sounds like a crappy lawn mower and is shaking like crazy. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again Justin Merrill for the timing info.

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    check the plug wires to see if there is a mix up. Also pull the distributor out and see if any of the wires got damaged when it came loose. the wires are old know and might have split open and could be causing a miss. another thing to check is the plugs on the firewall that go to the distributor and injectors. these plugs could have corrosion in them so check that. test the coil too and make sure you dont have cheap plug wires on it. all the pros on here recommend NGK wires and plugs. I know you already checked the ecm, but if it has not been replaced before check it again. it might have just gone bad and is throwing you off. my 1990 did his with a bad ecm.