Array
    Status
    shawnee, ok
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

1988 mighty 2.0 probs... help!!! lol

how goes it folks... just got this truck like a month ago.. im a chevy guy and can do sbc stuff in my sleep.. first import ive had in 15+ years and i kinda now remember why lol... so here it goes... So i got this turd running fine.. for like 3 days.. then I started up. it was letting it air up and then it just kind of sputtered like it was out of gas and died... Welp did the typical starting checking stuff and I found out it was running on 3 cylinders( appears to have been this way awhile). so I changed the cap plugs wires rotor hotter coil ect.. so legit spark on all 4 now.. still doing the same.. runs pretty good for a min then fails on its face and dies.. So I read the Weber carbs hate stock cam driven fuel pumps.. So I replace it with a electric 5 to 7 psi inline as recommended by Weber.. starts great.. runs great.. for a bit then same shit.. falls on its face and dies like its not getting gas.. so pulled the carb apart this morn and cleaned it to hell... put it back together.. same shit... So I don't know imports but I do know internal combustion engines and if you have air if you have gas and you have spark should be running fairly legit but it's not and the carb looks fairly new on it.... is there a ghost i should be looking into elsewhere? Do these engines like Weber carbs? Or do they prefer stock carbs.. should I get this carb rebuild... should I buy another or what should I do I'm kind of lost on it.. but im bout 68% sure its the carb if theres not a ghost i need to chase down elsewhere and dont know what the ideal carb situation is on these... thanxxx to any helpers i get because ive beat my brain silly trying to finger this out turd.jpgwwww.jpg

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    5-7 PSI is too much, get the Holley FPR and set it to 3 PSI.

Did you get the fake Weber? A lot of people do accidentally.

Array
    Status
    shawnee, ok
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    carb was on it when i got it... its a weber north america carb and the site said they like around 5psi witch is why i got this one but it does the same with this pump as it did with the stock fp.. seems like theres a ghost in the system im just not finding... im not fam with these at alll

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    "Weber North America" is Interco, which sells Chinese knock offs. You won't ever be able to tune or jet it correctly. Sorry. Nearly everyone here has fallen victim to Interco's scam.

Start over and order a Spanish Weber from Redline. Kit K610. There's nothing you can do to get it to run right until you get rid of the fake Weber.
    Last edited by noahwins; 09-30-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    x2 on that- now you know why the PO sold it - he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run right with a new carb.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980