Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Front end parts

Are there any complete urethane front end bushing kits available anywhere? i.e = strut rod,sway bar,endlink,control arm,etc? If not is there a prefered brand? of standard parts. My truck developed a noise in the front end, just looking underneath I can see the strut rod bushing is disintegrating. Tomorrow I plan to jack it up, and check the other parts better.
    At 162k, I'm sure it needs some parts.It does drive straight down the road though.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Energy Suspension makes all the bushings for LCAs, strut rod, sway bars, rear leaf springs, and universal bump stops, just not all in one kit. The part numbers have been posted in other threads on here, or look up our trucks on their website - 2wd only.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Energy Suspension makes all the bushings for LCAs, strut rod, sway bars, rear leaf springs, and universal bump stops, just not all in one kit. The part numbers have been posted in other threads on here, or look up our trucks on their website - 2wd only.
    I did check Energy suspension, and Rock Auto. I just wasn't sure if their was an all in one kit somewhere.

Just rechecked Energy suspension- they do have a kit, but it includes body mount, and rear leaf spring bushings

Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Checked front end. Idler arm was the big problem, bushings were gone. The arm would move up/down 1/2" when moving steering left/right. Pitman arm had a little play. I ordered the idler arm from Rock auto. Once that is on and its safe to drive, I will decide what other parts to order. I can see why the aftermarket ones wear out fast. You can get the complete idler arm for less than $10. I decided to be a big spender, I bought the $13 TRW one.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    next time, buy the bushing kit for the idler - moog one is about $7-8 if you look around.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980