Status
    Aruba
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Mitsubishi Mighty Max Engine Swap

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum, and I have purchased a year ago a 91 Mitsubishi 2.4L Pick up.

The engine is almost dead at this stage and requires rebuild. I am looking for any used 4G64 engines on e-bay, but with no luck.

I am considering an engine swap, does not have to be something really powerful, I am looking for an engine that is available in the US and that can swap easy in. Any other engine that can swap easy in without a big hassle?

Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome!

This board is full of dozens of swaps that people have done over the years. Take a few minutes and check out some build threads.

How much hassle a swap can be is completely up to your skill level and abilities. The easiest engine to install is the one that is in it already. Everything else will require modification. Just about every single swap thread on this board clearly shows how much effort goes into whatever engine you chose to throw in.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    By far the least expensive thing to do would be to rebuild your engine or use it as a core for a trade-in.

...aaaaaaaand I just saw that you're in Aruba.

You might want to look at 4D56 turbo diesel, they're fairly common in the Caribbean, I think, and will bolt in to your engine mounts, but it requires supporting modifications to the harness and fuel system. These trucks were pretty popular in Puerto Rico if you want a replacement gas engine.

Check out http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/index.php for leads on where to find replacement engines and what your options are because the Caribbean market is different from the lower 48 states.