Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T

Crosswired Fan controls and wipers

I am the proud new owner of a 1984 Ram 50 diesel 4x4 with just over 100,000 miles. The only two things that didn't work on the truck when I bought it were the air conditioning and the cruise control, so living in southern AZ the first order of business was to get the AC going. I've spent the last few days getting the system flushed and replacing a leaky line so that it would be ready for fresh oil and refrigerant. Tonight on my maiden voyage with air conditioning the system was running great when the blower switched from high to low to off and then the wiper blades came on by themselves. So now the fan control knob just controls the wiper blades! I haven't had time to dig in to the electrical system yet, but I was hoping somebody around here might have and idea about where to start looking and maybe a wiring diagram?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    We do have a schematic in the first gen manual. But your guess on what is going in is as good as anybody. It could be in the fuse block but I don't think so. It's dash time.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    +1 camoit
    it sounds like you have a hot grounding out. one of the wires in the dash could have somehow rubbed threw.