Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

New Member in the Columbia Gorge

Hello All!

I am the proud new owner of a 1985 D-50! I don’t have much experience working on cars, but am excited to cut my teeth on this baby. My goal is to get it set up and purring as my everyday commuter. What with the all the info on this forum I think it can be done.

The D-50 I picked up seems to be running pretty good over all, but has some things that obviously need to get sorted:
    - Chipped fan: fan clutch seems OK, but one of the fan blades is chipped off…also no fan shroud
    - Oil Pressure gauge leaking at engine and in dash (I have tightened at engine and the leaking stopped there, but I think I need to replace an improperly installed feral on the dash side)
    - Break Lights not working
    - Unattached thing from air line (see photo)
    - Some missing bolts (bumper and tranny)IMG_0987[1].jpgIMG_0992[1].jpgIMG_1002[1].jpg

Looking forward to it!

Nick / D-Nifty

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    my 1990 had that same radiator and for the life of me could not find a shroud. it never needed it though. if you are ever worried about the fan clutch you can get them cheap over at rock auto parts. Good luck with the truck!

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    i cant edit my previous post or i would (time to donate), but i could not help but notice that it looks like you got a set of the napa plug wires on your truck. if you are experiencing random misfires or a studder, pop the hood when its really dark out and take a look, there should be a pretty decent light show going on. this can be caused by a coil going bad or bad ground but more than likely its the plug wires. had this same issue on the 2 trucks i own.

Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the info FF, I'll be sure to pop the hood tonight and see what is good. I haven't been experiencing any misfires but it cant hurt to check. Is this a common problem with Napa plug wires specifically?

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You don't need the unattached air thing and can delete and plug it. It's the pulse air pump and it's for emissions only. I think you don't have to test in Oregon but I could be wrong.

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    after running the napa plugs in my trucks i started to notice a random miss. it took me a wile to figure out that they were causing it. I probably got bad sets. my brother runs them on all his vehicles without any issues.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    They're shit, get NGK and NGK wires.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    LOL Noahwins I was about to say the same thing....... Japanese engines love NGK's. Napa is just Champion garbage that say NAPA on them.

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Hey good looking truck you picked up there! In Vancouver here if you ever need any local sources maybe I can help out since I'm working on fixing up an '84 here.

Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Alright! Thanks for the info guys. I’ll get to work plugging the air thing—no emissions testing in my county—and throw the napa plugs on the “replace down the line” list.

Any suggestions on how best to plug the hole in the line going to the air filter?

Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by tink View Post
    Hey good looking truck you picked up there! In Vancouver here if you ever need any local sources maybe I can help out since I'm working on fixing up an '84 here.
    Good to know you're in the area Tink! Looks like you got an exciting project going on yourself.

Array
    Status
    Portland OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Alright! Thanks for the info guys. I’ll get to work plugging the air thing—no emissions testing in my county—and throw the napa plugs on the “replace down the line” list.

Any suggestions on how best to plug the hole in the line going to the air filter?