Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

No fuel... 87 Power Ram 2.6L

I've been working on getting my truck up and running after I had to replace the head gasket, it did run before I took it apart. It's been sitting for a couple months, due to lack of available time, but now that I have it all back together I'm not getting any fuel in the lines. Can someone give me ideas on what to look for? All the vacuum lines are as they were before being taken apart.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    And yes, the truck does have fuel. I just put in about 2.5 gallons earlier

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi nerfe12. Check your fuel lines - it's easy enough to mix them up when disconnecting the fuel pump. Check your fuel line from the tank - if you can disconnect it from the tank end and force compressed air through it, that should purge any crap out of the line (make sure the engine bay end of the fuel line isn't hooked up!) . Also try priming the fuel line from the engine end too. It can take ages for the pump to pull fuel from the tank if the line is dry.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hi nerfe12. Check your fuel lines - it's easy enough to mix them up when disconnecting the fuel pump. Check your fuel line from the tank - if you can disconnect it from the tank end and force compressed air through it, that should purge any crap out of the line (make sure the engine bay end of the fuel line isn't hooked up!) . Also try priming the fuel line from the engine end too. It can take ages for the pump to pull fuel from the tank if the line is dry.
    Thanks geezer101 I'll try pushing the compressed air through tomorrow when I replace the fuel filter. It's a cheap part so I figured I'd change it, just in case

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Good luck