Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Adjustable Cam gear

Anyone know if the adjustable cam gear from Mookeeh for a STARQUEST 2.6 fit a 2.6 from an 82 ram 50 like mine. Just wondering, cause i thought most 2.6 parts are interchangeable.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    yes it will although it really won't make much of a difference with a stock cam and can easily do more harm than good by over advancing the timing. I have considered one for my 1980, but never got one, even though I have a stepped up cam to put in mine. I just run mine at 10 btdc and let er rip.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I was thinking that if I got one of those and say a performance cam from Top End or regrind from Schneider cams it would in give me a whole lot of timing curve to play with. Then I in my theory I would have no need to index the cam just play with the timing a little and done.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Oregon Cam has a higher duration grind on file for our trucks, $70 + your core. Dunno bout shipping, but the old boy that runs the place I bet will work with you. He's fun to talk to, as well. Nothing like an old gearhead! = )

Array
    Status
    Scranton, PA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    I would advise not going with TEP (Top End Performance) unless you like to pay 3x the value of a part. I have a Schneider regrind, but I can't speak for it either way as its sitting in my garage next to the magna M6 head that I havent put on yet

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Cool thanks for the info guys. Acuta73 do you know off hand what the lift duration is on your bump stick. I not looking for race performance more like and RV for little more more torque.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Not sure what the recipe was, but I asked for a street/tow grind and he had a card on-hand with some minor searching. I explained my engine specs (G54b, max bore, flat pistons, street polish, MSD ignition, 38DGES) and that's what he pulled. The grind changes with hydro-roller arms (Penny knows the offset, but still won't tell me if the exhaust/intake are common. LOL).

Oregon Cam: 360-256-7985 (they are actually in Vancouver, Washington just North of Portland, Oregon)

Give him a call, see what he says.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I do ?!? Why would you think that ?!? I know there is a shift for the hyd lifters and a change in duration, but other than that, its a cam grinders secret recipe. If you are talking about the rocker arm ratios from regular hyd to roller rockers, its 1.5 stock, 1.6 roller. The roller rockers are from a 3.0 v6 mitsu motor and the lifters are interchangable I believe. If you go the roller rocker route, tell the cam grinder so he can adjust the profile to prevent valves hitting the pistons. For the roller rockers, both intake and exhaust are 1.6. Have fun!!!
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    LOL, ok, it was the ratio I was thinking of (still an offset of sorts, I guess). Thanks on the rocker arm question. Was driving me nuts why I could only find one in the parts catalogs with nothing saying whether they were exhaust or intake nor saying they were common.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    They are the same because they don't have jet valves on the v6s - the rockers are fairly cheap too new considering the 2.6 arms are more and not roller. If you are changing from mechanical rockers to hydralic rollers, be sure to modify the shafts to supply oil to the lifters; go to WWW.b2600.com for details on the shafts and many other details on our engines.
    Last edited by pennyman1; 07-30-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have hydro rockers, atm. The jets were mechanical, and now gone. Only change will be from hydro-rider to hydro-roller.

$18 each from Discount Import Auto locally.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    ah yes an 86 does have the hyd setup, but the info still applies for those who don't know and are considering the swap.
    Pennyman1