Hey Everyone! Ive owned this 1992 Mighty Max 2.4 since 1995 and two years ago we had the timing belt replaced and I replaces so many components under the hood , she ran like a dream. However , I was parked outside of someones house with the truck running after a day of driving and notice it starting to bog down and run funny , so I drove her home somehow around 15 miles and hours ... Going through the 3 Chiltons,haynes and other Motisubishi resources I became a parts changer and changed the fuel filter ,plugs ,distro cap ,rotoe an wires ( last year we replaved the distributor. Anyways this is what it does , let say I pull of the distributor cap and pop it back on it will start and run fine for a bit then die , I go back under the hood mess with cap somemore and it can run a full day no issues whatsoever. every morning or after she cools down for the last two weeks i go out to start it hoping i did something right and I still get no start and at times removing the distributor cap and simply popping it back on will get it to start again but 9 times out of 10 it will only be shorlived and run dfor maybe a minute then die. Yesterday I put the distributor cab on in a way where it was as tight and snug as ever , i ran it a full day and thought maybe i fixed the issue , today the no start hapopned so I did what I usually do but the time i tttok a wrench to the distributors bolt itseld and advanced the timimg ever so slightly and its running for now.... I am waiting for it to cool again so i can test to see if it starts.

Now after reading for hours and hours the last 2 weeks im kinda stumped why this is happening ? and even why it happned in the first place.. Can anyone shed ideas of maybe what i can do or what is causing this? much is appreciated and anything is wleocme . Ive had her since I was 16 and this just kinda has put a wrench in my game

Kyle