First time owning any mitsubishi. I bought a 1992 mighty max. Not even sure what size engine it had, 2.0, 2.4, or 2.6. The second day i owned it the motor and trans was sitting on my shop floor. The plan is to build a CHUMP CAR race vehicle.

This is the plan:

Lexus 4.0l V8. basically all stock. AX15 5 speed manual trans. Making my own bell housing, and not sure if I will use the stock rear diff. Engine is already sitting between the frame rails. Im picking up a used AX15 out of a 2wd jeep tomorrow. Working on bell housing, should be done soon. Roll cage, simple suspension tweaks, and so on......

Truck is completely gutted, cut out the inner fender wells just to make it easier to work on. Not sure if there is some sort of factory brake upgrade i can figure out. Bigger rotors and calipers. Also looking for a stock clutch pedal assembly. Was automatic. Going to cut the roof off soon to properly make and weld cage.

Im amazed at how well this chassis is made from the factory. Tough little truck. I will post picks from time to time. Really never have been good at keeping up with stuff like that. Im always open to ideas, or thoughts.

Main thing is to remember that this is a way low buck build, everything is out of a junkyard, keep it simple, and have tons of fun. Ok almost everything is out of a junk yard.

Not sure on wheels, have never run anything with a 6 lug pattern, thinking of changing pattern to a more common 5 lug?