Array
    Status
    new mexico
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

gona put the torch to this pos

so i live in new mexico and this truck runs fine in the morning when its nice and cool...in the afternoon when its hot as hell out here it doesn't want to run...it will turn over all day and eventually run after 30-40 mins of cranking it. i have a the following new parts cap, rotor, wires(look new), throttle body, alternator, battery... it also idles funny from 3.5k to 2.5k when you push the clutch in and will some times settle to 1k or less if you sit for a min or 2 thinking its the tps tho idk i really dont want to put alot of money into it i have another project that i need to finish... if its the ecu or mass is there any good remans or good quality website you could point me to that be great...this truck is my daily and i dont having anything to replace it right now so i need some help asap

2.4l
    5speed
    thanks

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Do not get discouraged, there are plenty of guys here with a lot of expertise on these trucks, I know I have read thru several threads and answered my questions before I asked them publicly. Welcome to the forum I'm in Nevada so I understand the heat thing.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Sounds like bleeding capacitors on the PCB in the ECU. There are a bunch of shops online that offer reman services.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    if you do or know someone that does electronic repairs, the repair of the ecm is usually 3 capacitors on the board. There is a thread with all the details to help you out.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    El Paso, Tx
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Might be worth a shot to try replacing the coolant temp sensor. When those go bad it can make it hard if not impossible to start. Is the check engine light on, or does it even work still? Could try hooking up a analog multimeter and see if the ecu is throwing anything.