Title says it all. My son got his driver's license as soon as he turned 16, and soon thereafter bought himself a base model 1991 2.4L Ram 50 for $650 and with his substantial cache of lawn-mowing money, proceeded in earnest to fix it up. Neither of us has the experience, knowledge or tools to do the big stuff, so we let the garage handle that, while we did what we could. I found the "To the New Owner" checklist at this site, and it looks like we got everything covered, especially since we eventually had to give up on the engine and had the garage put in a remanufactured long block. One thing that has consistently eluded us, however, is the fan shroud. None of the junkyards around here have one, everybody I talked to said they are pretty rare, and I've scoured eBay at least 7 times. The checklist says find a Montero shroud, but no love there either.

So I found and now turn to the fine folks on this forum. If anybody has a spare they'd be willing to part with, let me know how much you want for it, but if you have any advice for making one out of sheet aluminum, I'm all ears. I have the cutters, bending tools and a rivet gun, I've also got a few ideas how one could be put together. We'll also need to know the size and thread pitch of the bolts that hold the shroud on. Can't find it in the repair manual (we acquired a set of the factory manuals).