Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type

Mighty Max Stalling Issue

1996 Mighty Max 2.4 Liter 4cyl. I recieved a new stereo from my daughter for father's day this past weekend. When I removed the old one all the wires were spliced and redirected so bad that I cut them all and started from scratch. Since then the truck wants to die when coming to a stop, runs fine while moving. No check engine light and no codes, although I did manage to blow fuse number 1 which cut power to my OBD plug but that has been resolved. Anyway... is it coincidence that this has started just after the radio install or have I failed to wire something back that should be? Under the hood I've checked all the vacuum lines, cleaned the throttle body, checked for air leaks, checked for spark and fuel on all cylinders and unplugged the battery for a few hours to possibly reset the computer. I have a Haynes manual but the wiring diagrams haven't been any help. Thanks for any advise you all may have.

Array
    Status
    Marion NC
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type
    Problem resolved, fixed itself. I'm guessing the ECU reset itself. Weird side note is my brother in law has a 2013 Charger that had similar issues the same morning mine started. as well as a few other people I talked to. We're blaming it on the solar flares that hit the earth early that morning

Array
    Status
    Lakeside
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    damn solar flares! they're always breaking my vehicles

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    it sounds like you have a leaky capacitor in the ECM. This is Extremely common. my 1990 had this happen and would do the same thing on cold mornings. pull the ecm and check out the board, it will probably smell to.