Array
    Status
    sandy/oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

recommend rebuild kits for a 1986 power ram

Hey I'm new to this site and I'll be honest I'm not as big of a fan of the power ram as I'm sure most of you are at least that's what I've gathered as I read through these post, I'm a fan of passionate people and their love for what they drive so I have respect for that, with that being said my son is a recent owner of a 1986 power ram 50 it's his first truck he bought it himself, we went and test drove it and everything appeared solid on this truck it is in pretty good shape for its age just the normal wear and tear it did have 180,000 on the motor so I was skeptical but it's almost 30 years old it was clean and drove great, I figured we would have to rebuild soon but it would be a good first truck and for under $800.00 it was the best we've seen in that price range for what he wanted (5spd manual, 4x4) anyways the rebuild is now sooner than later he was driving it and I believe through a rod through the oil pan, just did get it towed home today and haven't had a chance to estimate the damage it won't hold oil I do know that, so I'm looking for suggestions on rebuild kits or rebuilt motors I've done a bit of research on both but not being familiar with the truck I thought I would reach out to some folks that are, thanks in advance for any information

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I checked this place out a few years ago. The price was reasonable but duty and freight made it cost prohibitive for me. I think the re-manufactured 2.6 was around $1700.00. You'll need to phone for pricing

http://chicagoengines.com/engines/mitsubishi.aspx