Status
    Moncton,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

4G52

Hello from canada's east coast

Hi Y'all-
    I just joined this group and hope to get acquainted with a number of you; get information and possibly leads on where to get parts.

My truck is probably one of the least commonly badged - It's a Plymouth Arrow , P/U; model year 1980.
    In 1986 , I had bought a brand new Dodge Ram 50, medium blue in color with a grey interior . Loved the little
    thing , most powerful and rugged or its size. It had the 2.6 engine. At the time, we had a"parkmodel" 35ft trailer
    permanently set up in a large campground, about 1 1/2hours from home. The little truck was most practical .
    I was always impressed with its lugging power. I used to drag people's camping decks if they were relocating
    within the campground. Moved some around that 1/2 ton GM trucks couldn't budge. Anyway, after seven years, and where
    Mom would not drive it much- no power steering- traded it for a mid size sedan. But I always missed it.

A little over a year ago, I came across this 1980 Plymouth Arrow , tan in color,with 76,000 miles. A one owner vehicle
    which spent 33 years of its life in the Tacoma Washington area, and had been well maintained; with no rust to peak of.
    Gotta love that Oregon/Washington climate. It's mostly all original paint,a little dull but very presentable. Interior of cab is
    clean and no damage. Has a 2.0 engine, manual 4 speed tranny, has power brakes, but not steering. 14 in steel road wheels, and no a/c. Runs like atop too. I'm thrilled to have my toy truck again.

Picture to follow in next posting.
    Ralph

PS- other toys
    1976 Cougar
    1979 Lincoln Versailles
    1988 Merc Grand Marquis
    1989 Jeep Pioneer

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

4G52
    Mitsu

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    we need pics- welcome to the forum. Your motor is a g52b if it's the 2.0. Geronimo is also a D-50 sport circa 1980 - one owner truck.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum. Make friends with that search bar on here... you're motor is no different than the MM or the Ram50, despite its badges, and even though its the more rare, you'll get a lot of information here.
    Pennyman's profile should be your bible should you choose to do any repairs or modifications. Geronimo is a beautiful truck and his Pennyman's knowledge is impressive. Several of us hold these 1st gen gems near to our heart and happily welcome another to our community.
    Let us know if there's any questions we can answer for you.

P.S. One of our members and moderators (Brad) lives near Tacoma. He'll be happy to hear a neighbor truck has found its way to the northern streets!

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I agree with Pennyman too! We need pictures.
    Here's a thread of an extensive refresh of a truck not too dissimilar from yours. TONS of really good information and links to good information in this thread.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ebuild-Replace

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

4G52
    Pictures are on my post -"hello from Canada's East Coast #2"- went up about 10 days ago or so..

Feast your eyes on my darling!

Ralph