Hey all - happy to be making my first post on the forum. I recently got a '93 mighty max and overall it is running well - though I think it needs a new head gasket but that is another story.

When I purchased the vehicle the speedo worked just fine and suddenly stopped while on the highway. I figured it must be the speedometer cable but I received a replacement today and it did not work. By 'did not work' I mean I secured it to the transmission and observed that there was no movement at the opposite end of the cable when I drove the vehicle around.

I took another look under the truck and here's what I saw - which might be relevant in fixing the issue.

IMG_0274.jpgIMG_0278.jpg

I don't know the purpose of these two wires but they are attached to the transmission and emerge from the wiring harness. It looks like this has been repaired at some point. I assume there is power running through one of the wires, though I haven't taken a volt meter to them yet. Are they related to the speedometer? Any input on where to go from here is appreciated!