Thread: Seeking Assistance 1980 Plymouth Arrow (EGR Thermal Control Valve & Valve Cover)

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Seeking Assistance 1980 Plymouth Arrow (EGR Thermal Control Valve & Valve Cover)

Please note : Similar Post on General Forum.

Thank you PennyMan1 for suggesting I make my carb gasket....I must be getting old....I should have thought of that myself.

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get my '80 Plymouth Arrow P-up w/ 2.0 ( G52B ) 4spd back on the road.

I am looking for the following items:

- CA OEM CARB to manifold gasket. I had to remove carb to get to install what I thought was the correct new fuel pump.

- 2.0 engine Valve Cover Gasket with accompanying grommets.

- An emission related thermostat valve ( I have pics of the part )

- Rear Window seal.

- Clutch Disc, Pressure Plate and release bearing for the 2.0
    P-up is currently at 90k orig miles and clutch is beginning to slip. Clutch cable has been adjusted.

Thanks
    Steve

Picture of EGR THERMAL CONTROL VALVE...at least that's what the Smog Tech called it.

EGR Thermal Control Valve.jpg

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    junk yard if your lucky.
    Why did they say it's bad?

The guy might not know how the 2 valve smog system works. I can't count how many times they told me my EGR was not working. SO I would show them how to check it by using a vacuum pump on the EGR and then pulling on the carb slider. They would get this look on there face like you just did a a coin trick. Then they would come back with a, OH it's one of them types. LOL

The clutch you can get off rockauto. Look in the discount thread for current code.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Here is the link for the rear window gasket on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-82-Dodge-...de588f&vxp=mtr . The grommets on the holddown bolts are also on ebay. That valve is a thermostatic vacuum control valve - it opens after the motor warms up to activate the egr and other emission parts. The pump may be specific to an CA model motor - check on rockauto for whats available for the pump - thay also should have the valve cover gasket and grommets you need.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Here is the link for the rear window gasket on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-82-Dodge-...de588f&vxp=mtr . The grommets on the holddown bolts are also on ebay. That valve is a thermostatic vacuum control valve - it opens after the motor warms up to activate the egr and other emission parts. The pump may be specific to an CA model motor - check on rockauto for whats available for the pump - thay also should have the valve cover gasket and grommets you need.

Thanks Pennyman1 I will try RockAuto

Update:
    The Retired smog Tech did point out it out to me, that the Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve is going bad. The valve intermittently opens when he taps on the base of the Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve assembly. He connects a vacuum gauge with a T-connector. He said EGR is working well and the passage way is not restricted.

I should begin my quest to locate the unit. Hoping Mike Warme has the part, but sadly I have not gotten a reply back, when I pm'd him back on 4-22-2015

Valve Cover Gasket set found and bought. It was a Fel-Pro set available at the local parts store for $7.50

Carb Base gasket: Local parts store had it for $1.50

Fuel Pump: I got a NOS fuel pump from an eBay seller for under $50.00 It looked identical to my old unit. Yahoo my truck is back on the road.

Now I am off to search for a clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing,
    Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve
    and the latest a seat belt receiver.

The tension spring is about ready to come off the red plastic release button housing. I did not see any d-50s at the local yard nor eBay.
    I guess I should post another topic were I can find one.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    look in the for sale section - ragragtimetime had seat belts for sale a while ago there...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossworth View Post
    Thanks Pennyman1 I will try RockAuto

Update:
    The Retired smog Tech did point out it out to me, that the Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve is going bad. The valve intermittently opens when he taps on the base of the Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve assembly. He connects a vacuum gauge with a T-connector. He said EGR is working well and the passage way is not restricted.

I should begin my quest to locate the unit. Hoping Mike Warme has the part, but sadly I have not gotten a reply back, when I pm'd him back on 4-22-2015

Valve Cover Gasket set found and bought. It was a Fel-Pro set available at the local parts store for $7.50

Carb Base gasket: Local parts store had it for $1.50

Fuel Pump: I got a NOS fuel pump from an eBay seller for under $50.00 It looked identical to my old unit. Yahoo my truck is back on the road.

Now I am off to search for a clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing,
    Thermostatic Vacuum Control Valve
    and the latest a seat belt receiver.

The tension spring is about ready to come off the red plastic release button housing. I did not see any d-50s at the local yard nor eBay.
    I guess I should post another topic were I can find one.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...bolts-to-floor)