Hi again, well I have been going at my Ram for about a week give or take a couple of days, I have found a few more issues with her than I am letting my wife know about, but oh well, what she does not know...

Anyway, I bought filters, air, oil and fuel, and oil to do an oil change, that went without a hitch, oil looked pretty bad so it had to be done, then air filter and pcv, done. Next was the fuel filter, and this is where I was confused... I bought the part at Auto Zone, and I could not find where it was located, after looking thru here I found it, rail next to tank correct?

But, oh, and people never cease to amaze me, there wasn't a filter there. I mean I do not know the reasoning behind what was in the gas line, I will rather show you before I say anything more...20150430_194513.jpg20150430_194531.jpg20150430_205504.jpg20150430_205515.jpg...

So, I figured maybe the mechanical pump was bad? I unplugged this electric one and the truck kept running, I made sure it was not from fuel on the line.

I guess the PO decided that he rather have a pump than a filter? I figured that is why I couldn't tune the Mikuni any better... I mean it was always running too rich, always smelled of gasoline, and always a cloud of smoke at start up that smelled like my garage was a gas station...

I do not know if that is exactly where the filter goes, but is late and I will have another go at it tomorrow, I installed the filter there to not leave an open fuel line leaking gas into a container. The fuel pump is running fine, and I will have a go at adjusting the carb once again tomorrow. Luckily I have a free afternoon from my second job.

I found out I have a muffler issue, more like a whole "cat back" issue, anybody here in Las Vegas know a decent and honest :o muffler guy? They all seem waaaay proud of their work and like to charge an arm and a leg for muffler work. I do need pipe muffler and tailpipe. Or I will buy a muffler from Auto Zone and pipe and borrow my friend's welder, I'm not the best welder but I will give it a go if needed.

Also I need to replace the center support for the rear axle,20150430_194827.jpg but I will do that along with the universal joints. At a later time.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little about people being dumb, and maybe get a little advice on the muffler shop.

She is coming along just fine, my wife named her Borreguita (little lamb). So that will be her name from now on.