Array
    Status
    ATL, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Swapping mikuni for weber 32/36, questions about e-choke

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a '87 Mighty Max and am currently in the process of swapping out the stock Mikuni for a Weber 32/36. Just want to be sure that everything gets installed correctly; does anyone happen to know what color is the e-choke wire & where the idle cut-off solenoid is located? If anyone has a picture for guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Array
    Status
    ATL, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

Actually it's an '88 2.0L

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Hey welcome to the Forum! You'll love it here. Tons of information and a great group of guys.
    I don't have the most information about these trucks, and you might get some good information from Brad, Pennyman, Noah, or many of the other experts on here.
    In the meantime let me fill you in on what I know: Good choice going with the weber... the majority of us on here have done the exact same thing! My 2nd gen (88) doesn't have color coded wires, they're both black. I've had them marked since i very first took the system apart, so I might not be able to point you to the exact stuff, but let me some you some threads that might help you out.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ighlight=weber
    This is a thread about another member that went Weber.. TONS of good information on that thread.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ighlight=weber
    This is the build thread for one of our members. Brad completely rebuilt his 2nd generation Mitsubishi. I think he's got the 2.4l, not the 2.0, but still a lot of the same stuff. You'll find tons of diagrams, information, and maybe some inspiration on his thread. His video of his first drive with the new exhaust after the rebuild inspired me to put a little more effort into the exhaust on my current build.

Again, welcome to the forum, let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with!

Array
    Status
    ATL, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

Appreciate the feedback! I had my brother look over the links you sent and it looks like we got the e-chock to work. Started the truck yesterday for the first time and it fired right up. Idled a little rough so will have to see about tuning the weber. A couple of issues came up so far:

1. There's some oil on the spark plugs. Is this a common issue with the 2.0?
    2. We have a coolant leaking from the adapter plate underneath the weber. Didn't see anyone having this issue.

Any ideas?

Array
    Status
    ATL, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

Did some research and looks like the intake manifold needs to be dripped & tapped to fix the coolant leak? Any way of doing this w/out removing the intake manifold?

Array
    Status
    El Paso, Tx
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Use Ultra Black rtv to seal the adapter plate to the intake manifold, don't even need a gasket. Apply rtv to adapter and then install hand tight. Let sit for an hour then finish tightening it down. Let it cure overnight before you refill the cooling system. Wont ever leak again.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    if that does not stop the leak, you can tap the coolant passage under the plate and insert an allen set screw with locktite on it to seal the passage.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    ATL, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

Appreciate the feedback guys!