Status
    Ulm, Germany
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

New one from Europe

Hey ho everyone,

my Name is Marco and I'm located in Ulm, Germany.
    I am a car enthusiast since the first time I got my licence. My other rides are a Nissan 1992 200SX S13 (drifting) and a Audi A4 for daily use. I founded a car club here in my city: www.TheCarProject.de where we organize car meets and rides to the local raceways.

Some weeks ago I bought my Dodge RAM 50 from 1987 (a pickup was some kind of childhood dream).
    At first I thought I made a mistake because I seem to be the only one here in Europe owning that Truck. No parts, no people who can help me with issues.
    But as I discovered this community my worries disappeared (my wallet will still hate me for the need of importing parts from the States. )

The wiring for the lights on the car was totally f*cked up, so we had to re-organize all the cables and connections.
    I checked the engine bay and discovered a Weber carburator, so one of the pre-owners modified the engine as well, as it seems. Didn't have time to think about wether this is an advantage or will cause trouble (I don't have experience with carburators).

The first parts I will look for are additional headlight, a bull bar (deer bumper? what do you call it correctly?) and a set of cheap rims for summer.

I created a Facebook group for short communication if you like to join:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/dodgeram50/
    (don't want to compete to the forum and hope it's ok to mention)

If you got questions, feel free to ask!

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    How the hell did you get one of those into Germany? Isn't the government incredibly strict about imports and emissions? Or is it a Ram 50 clone out of an L200 body? Got a picture of the build plate on the passenger side of the firewall inside the engine bay? Where did those side mirrors and light bar come from?

People general see the Weber carb as a huge improvement over the stock carb. As far as spare parts, you might be able to save a little money on shipping by ordering from Greece/Cyprus where the older L200 is popular as well as the UK. And I'm sure everyone here will help you out too.

Very cool to have a new member from Europe. Welcome to the board! More pics please.

Array
    Status
    Ulm, Germany
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I found this one not far away from the Bodensee (Lake Constance).
    Importing a car ist not that hard. You just have to throw enough cash to the custom duty for importing and the TÜV (technical approval) to get it legal on the street.

Luckily I made a picture today afternoon:

IMG_20150428_191422.jpg

I also took a closer look on the carb:

IMG_20150428_191414.jpgIMG_20150428_192433.jpg

Plan is to get a open filter for it. Any recommondations?
    I just love the look of those open round filters. It's not allowed in Germany, but nobody will hunt me for this is an imported vehicle!

Can't tell you about the side mirrors. I think the pre-owner was just lazy and mounted the next best mirrors he could find.
    What do you mean by light bar?

Thanks for the hint with Greece and UK!
    Will keep the pics coming since the Truck is on the road.
    Currently I am busy with the other rides, so this one has to wait some days.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Ulm, Germany
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    My RAM is on the road since last Monday. At our weekly car meeting in town, we couldn't resist to make some awesome shots. The people loved the pickup because they are rare in this area. They probably didn't feel comfortable with the country music I played!

11665640_955696761148094_26667392_o.jpg

More pics will follow!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Bet the truck was brought over from the USA - the plate gives it away. K+ N makes several different air cleaners for the weber carbs, but that weber looks to be off of some Italian or german car, not an aftermarket replacement. Ask away and we will do our best to help. Welcome to the forum!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Ulm, Germany
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    It would be cool to figure out where it came from exactly. I have no documents that tell me the story of the car.
    Thought it might be from Canada, because the emergency tire was made there and has never been changed.

I found a perfect air cleaner from a Harley Davidson and made it fit. Have to smooth out the edges, but I like it:
    11148211_903166019739995_3293967410461472946_o.jpg