Hello!

I've been the proud owner of an 89 Ford Festiva since 2008 and a 94 Miata since 2013, and I recently decided that I wanted a pickup truck, so I bought a 95 Mighty Max a month or two ago.

The seller was asking $2500, but I knew that it would need at least some work, so I gave him $1500 for it. It had 129k on it, and I'm told that it had been sitting in a field for four years before being sold.

Here's what I've done on it thus far:
-Changed oil, coolant, air filter
-Replaced the shifter lever (it snapped shortly after I bought it)
-Replaced the tailgate cables
-New tires
-Replaced A/C lines (to fix leaks) with lines from a junkyard. When I tried to recharge it, the low side was high and the high side was low, so my next step is to replace the compressor. At least it's no longer leaking, though.
-Replaced the valve cover gasket
-Replace v-belts
-Had my local shop replace the timing belt, water pump, radiator, and thermostat. The radiator wasn't leaking, but it was running hot over highway distances, hence the radiator/thermostat. I just picked it up today, so I'm hoping that that fixes the heat issue - time will tell.

I just saw the sticky about things to do when you first buy the truck, so I'll work on those things as I have time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out a rattling sound coming from my engine, so I'm going to head over to the General Maintenance forum for that.