Thread: How to get rid of carbon deposit on pistons, combustion chambers and valves

Array
    Status
    Atlanta,GA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

How to get rid of carbon deposit on pistons, combustion chambers and valves

Just did a major surgery on my 4G64 engine on my Mighty Max..... Replaced HLAs... 2 Timing belts, tensioner..camshaft seal. Valve stem seals(what a pain)..water pump..radiator.valve cover gasket..spark plugs....etc..

It had been burning and leaking oil for 3 years... but it was running strong...i just checked and added oil frequently to keep it running..

After i replaced all the parts listed above... the engine runs perfect..no burning oil at all....no matter at start up or high rpm....

Now i am thinking of getting rid of the carbon deposit that accumulated over the years.... any experience on that?
    I know seafoam.. i poured a little bit into throttle body.... Just wondering if there is any better or proven way to get rid of the thick layer of carbon inside engine...

Thanks in advance..

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Buy a can of BG44k, throw it in the tank, drive, be done with it.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    People always drive these trucks like grandmas so the EGR is pretty much always open and pumping soot into the cylinders. Either block off the EGR if it's legal for emissions in your area or at the very least clean out the passageways. I'd bet they're clogged with years of crap.