Hey Everybody!
I'm here to ask a very important question, but first a little story! About 2 years ago I purchased a 1981 Plymouth Arrow pickup for $200 a little front end damage, I.E. bumper bent to hell and half a grille, taillights need new lenses and bed/tailgate rusted out, (no other rust on truck) body and frame relatively straight! I bought it for the purpose of just going to home improvement store and garbage dump. I didnt want to put too much into it i didn't really care about it! Well after new carb (webber of course) started driving a bit more especially after my other car broke down. Put new starter and tires after my friend gave me a set of mag wheels for it, (only have 2 out of 4 mags on it currently) decided i like the truck because it is very fun and reliable for being a beater. Then my son asked if he ciould use it or borrow it or something... blablabla so he could get from one class at college to another on seperate campuses so me being a pushover says sure (never a good idea when your kid is a 19 year old know it all with positively 0 mechanical abliity though i tried to teach it to him).

Lets just say I'm the fool, I admit it. He called me the other day and tells me the truck is overheating, 50 miles from Flagstaff AZ from about 30 miles south of Phoenix. About 150 miles, ok no problem just fill with water and get you butt to Flagstaff and don't drive it till i can get there to replace the radiator (developed a small pinhole leak). SO he calles me and tells me its at a repair shop 3 miles up the road .... and there is a knocking from the engine( long story i know), well as it turns out brainiac had it 3 quarts low on oil duh its knocking. So i play fetch coulda just left it but i want the salvage.

What to do what to do? I've located a perfect bed and tailgate NOS tailight lenses other misc but now i don't have a decent engine should i get another 2.0?
My friend offered me a chevy 454 c.i. engine with tranny for free (he's convinced we can make it fit even if its drag racing only) not a bad idea but hella expensive for the whole mod, or could put a 4.3 litre v6 , 4.7 v8 , 5.3 v8. but even the mods for the v6 will cost. I do like the small v6 or small v8 idea though

just looking for opinions wanna do it on the cheap cant afford to go all out

now if i can just figure out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer i'll be uploading soon

George the guy with the (Broken) Rusted Arrow