Array
    Status
    Sacramento
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Front windshield replacement help

So I need to replace my windshield . I talked to my window guy and he sad I should get the moldings first. The dealer wants $300 for all of the moldings. I'm cheep and don't want to spend $300 plus the $250 or so for the glass and install. Does anyone know of a aftermarket place or something cheaper. I was thinking about about the Dodge d50 windshield moldings but I don't know if they will fit Or if it is any cheaper please help

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    That's really steep. A professional glass shop quoted $195 and the glass guy in the tent outside Pick-N-Pull quoted $120, and that's in overpriced-everything Bay Area.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Dam that's cheep. I work at a chevy dealership and I talked to the guy that does the glass here and he sad around 250 300 for the glass and install

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Right outside Richmond Pick-n-Pull, homie. Or Auto Glass Express in Berkeley. Call ahead so they have the glass ready. The junkyard guy pulls it from the yard, the pros order it from a warehouse.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    I'm up in Sacramento but I'm going to call around and see if I can get a better price. I know the moldings are done for but I need to see if I have to get new ones or the glass guys would have them. I can rebuild or fix almost about anything but I don't mess with windshields. Thanks for all of the help I appreciate it. Let me know if you need any help with anything or any wiring diagrams I have access to all data pro.

Array
    Status
    lexington, ky.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If the windshield is cracked, your insurance may replace for free. I live in ky. and have had several replaced. Don't know about other states. Check with your agent.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Mine came out to $175 in Jax, fl.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylers240 View Post
    I'm up in Sacramento but I'm going to call around and see if I can get a better price. I know the moldings are done for but I need to see if I have to get new ones or the glass guys would have them. I can rebuild or fix almost about anything but I don't mess with windshields. Thanks for all of the help I appreciate it. Let me know if you need any help with anything or any wiring diagrams I have access to all data pro.
    . There is a place behind the indoor gun range off of Watt ave. look in the archive board for the name. Use the google search at the top of the page. Search for first gen glass. It might also be on this board.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Found mine from a company on Craigslist, $130 installed.
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I just got mine done to pass the MO safety inspection. It was $210 after tax. I got new glass and they installed a generic rubber seal around the edge. It actually looks pretty good. I originally pulled the moldings with the plan to replace the clips after the glass guy came. The rubber seal was only $10. I can't even get the clips that cheap.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I paid $160 and they came to my house to install it. Did the same thing with MR2 and the TBird.

Safelite Glass

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V. View Post
    I just got mine done to pass the MO safety inspection. It was $210 after tax. I got new glass and they installed a generic rubber seal around the edge. It actually looks pretty good. I originally pulled the moldings with the plan to replace the clips after the glass guy came. The rubber seal was only $10. I can't even get the clips that cheap.
    Have any more info on this?
    I really like this idea.
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    What info would you like? I don't know specifically what seal the glass guy used. It was just some generic thing. It's holding up so far. No leaks, despite plenty of rain and ice here.