G54B

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Well, like I said before, I'd be willing to buy an automatic flexplate if you got it.

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by haruman View Post
    Well, like I said before, I'd be willing to buy an automatic flexplate if you got it.
    If the flexplate is good your welcome to it.

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeGirard View Post
    If the flexplate is good your welcome to it.
    Thanks man! I really hope it is. It's frustrating to be stuck on one part keeping me from running...

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks man! I really hope it is. It's frustrating to be stuck on one part keeping me from running...
    Can you post a photo of the part you need? I'm not exactly what the flex plate should look like. I haven't separated the transmission from the engine yet.

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Here it is, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic:

flexplate.jpg

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    The sliding rear window, the raised lettering tailgate, the vinyl rear cab panel and the chrome windshield trim pieces are all uncommon and worth keeping, Luke.

Array
    Status
    arizona
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Here it is, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic:

flexplate.jpg
    Hey. im in Mesa and I'm pretty sure i have a spare 3 bolt flywheel. I would trade it for a 4 bolt flywheel, or the quad headlight grill, or the raised letter mitsu tail gate. any of those.

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I have to see what flex plate is on my truck. It's the 2.6 engine so I'm not sure how many bolts it has.

Array
    Status
    arizona
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    I have to see what flex plate is on my truck. It's the 2.6 engine so I'm not sure how many bolts it has.
    All of the 4G52 (2.0) and 4G54 (2.6) are 6 bolt centers, the difference in bolt patterns is the torque converter, the image you showed is the three bolt torque converter, which i have here in mesa, i also have a spare auto trans and a spare 2.6 engine.

I have a good running 2.6 narrow block here in mesa and I'll buy that grill and tail gate off you if you're willing to part with it. PM me your number if you want.

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by incorporatedx View Post
    All of the 4G52 (2.0) and 4G54 (2.6) are 6 bolt centers, the difference in bolt patterns is the torque converter, the image you showed is the three bolt torque converter, which i have here in mesa, i also have a spare auto trans and a spare 2.6 engine.

I have a good running 2.6 narrow block here in mesa and I'll buy that grill and tail gate off you if you're willing to part with it. PM me your number if you want.
    Hey, I'm the one that needs the 3 bolt torque converter flexplate. I'm in Gilbert.

You know how many teeth it has? I'd be willing to trade you money for it if it's the right one.

Array
    Status
    arizona
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    Hey, I'm the one that needs the 3 bolt torque converter flexplate. I'm in Gilbert.

You know how many teeth it has? I'd be willing to trade you money for it if it's the right one.
    I went out this morning to grab it and count the teeth when i realized it's from my 4G32 engine, which is the 1.6 liter, which means it uses only 5 mounting bolts at the crank, so it wont work for anyone here. I'll label it and tuck it away with my other Colt parts. Sorry about that Haruman

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    So I'm having a problem. The engine swap went great but I can't get it to stay running. The engine isn't getting gas. I looked at the hardlines and some were kinda dented from the engine smacking into them so I replaced them with good hardlines from my parts truck. I can't get it to stay running and it's really frustrating me. If anybody can think of why it's doing this please let me know.

Array
    Status
    arizona
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    So I'm having a problem. The engine swap went great but I can't get it to stay running. The engine isn't getting gas. I looked at the hardlines and some were kinda dented from the engine smacking into them so I replaced them with good hardlines from my parts truck. I can't get it to stay running and it's really frustrating me. If anybody can think of why it's doing this please let me know.

Check your soft lines back by the tank, check your fuel filter, get it running on starting fluid long enough to prime the pump and fill the carb, but it sounds like you might have an air leak somewhere along the way, or the pump isnt picking up enough to prime itself, pull the line from the pump to the carb off and have someone crank it over while you hold the hose into a bucket, make sure fuel gets flowing then put it back on the carb, sometimes the pump can't prime when it's all hooked up.

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by incorporatedx View Post
    I went out this morning to grab it and count the teeth when i realized it's from my 4G32 engine, which is the 1.6 liter, which means it uses only 5 mounting bolts at the crank, so it wont work for anyone here. I'll label it and tuck it away with my other Colt parts. Sorry about that Haruman
    It's all good. Hoping Luke has the one I need.

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    So I haven't been able to get the truck to run. It starts if you pour gas into the carb but won't stay running. I'm really to sell it. It's just sitting in my backyard, I have no money to spend on it at the moment because of college and I now have a car to drive. My mom also wants it out of the yard. Any offers? I also have a ton of extra parts now.

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    I want the 83. Whats your price ?

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewarme View Post
    I want the 83. Whats your price ?
    $1000 would recoup all the money spent on this project. And you can have all the extra parts you'd like and I now have extra parts from 4 of these trucks. The truck I'm talking about is the silver 83 4x4 that wasn't crashed and disassembled.

Array
    Status
    Twentyninepalms, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Hello, I am pretty sure I just bought this truck this past weekend. Im talking about the 83 that you did the motor swap in. The tell tale sign is the camper top with the same stickers still on it and the plates lol. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the history of this truck? my plan is to put it back on the road and restore it. Thanks for any help!

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    So I got everything swapped and running it just needed a new fuel pump. So the guy that got it from me fixed that and then proceeded to drive it. Without checking any fluids. So he drove the truck with no transmission fluid and I'm pretty sure the engine oil was low too. So go through and check all the fluids. I hope the transmission isn't toast because it worked perfectly fine before he drove it without fluid. I know the auto transmission is also broken and it won't fit on the 2.0 that's currently in there. It also needs new engine mounts one of them is bent. Other then that just cosmetics and tires and it should be good to go.

Array
    Status
    Twentyninepalms, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Awesome! Thanks! I checked the fluids and the coolant,oil, it looked good! it still runs great! The only problem now is that the transmission is stuck in first gear. So I have already dropped the tranny and I am going to look at all the pins and the shift linkages in it. The gears look brand new and the fluid was very clean! So I'm sure it is just a quick fix. Good truck though I'm very excited about it! I really appreciate your quick response!

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I really wish I'd kept it but I just didn't have the time to work on it anymore. I do plan on getting another one very soon! Maybe the clutch just went out?

Array
    Status
    Twentyninepalms, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    The clutch looks really good and the throwout bearing is smooth. I thought the same thing. but when we loaded it on my trailer it climbed up on it no problem and no slipping. Like I said I will be getting back to good street worthy condition again. Ive already bought gauges for it and I plan on redoing the interior as well. any idea about the mileage of the 2.0 you swaped in?

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I think it's had about 140,000 miles on it. I had to swap the cluster into it so I think that's the cluster that came with the engine. Maybe the shifter just broke and the transmission is fine? And I have a set of red sport seats if you want those instead of the bench seats. They need to be rupolstered but they're the ones that came out of that truck. I still have a lot of mighty Max parts.

Array
    Status
    Twentyninepalms, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I'm thinking the shifter broke too. And if you have any parts at all id be willing to take them off your hands if you would like

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast