I started this project when I removed the stock manifold heat shield and found that the back runner was badly cracked. I had a set of hooker headers from a small block chevy in the garage so i started cutting them up. I made a flange from some .325x3 flat bar and used a new gasket or the template. The header tube was 1 5/8, which turned out to be same od as the gasket id.
All in all the new pipes have increased low mid power and I hope to get some dyno info soon.
The welding was done in my driveway with my 110v Lincoln wire feed so quality on this version is less than perfect, but they don't leak.