Array
    Status
    Coshocton ohio
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Question New to me 84 custom

ok I have a few questions I have a 1984 custom 50 2.0 liter 4 speed I was trying to change the spark plug and the fourth cylinder was seized so I used a breaker bar and rounded off the nut the ceramic is still there but I cannot get the spark plug out other than that the truck runs fine has 53,000 original miles and was a one person owner before I bought it I Drive it a hundred and ten miles every day for work I would really like to get that plug out and has a new distributor cap oil change 3 new plugs lol it also has a new clutch and solenoid I would really like to figure out also while in the morning it hesitates and stutters but does not die until it warms up and then its moves right out I was trying to also post pictures on here I'm using my phone but it says unable to do to memory which makes no sense because I'm running the Galaxy s5 phone please let me know if you can help me with my questions thank you

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    a pic of the troubled plug would help...if you can place a 6 point socket (next size down, maybe metric) enough to get a grip, i would try a continous daily soaking of pb blaster (or the like) & when engine is cool gently heat the head area around the plug & see if the plug will move. if the plug is already trashed weld an old tool like a busted screwdriver onto the plug to gain "grip". worst case drill out the plug & insert a helicoil.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    also try working it back and forth to break it loose - just don't go crazy on the tightening, you just want to rock it back and forth.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Coshocton ohio
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    also try working it back and forth to break it loose - just don't go crazy on the tightening, you just want to rock it back and forth.
    Thank you I'll give it a try this weekend on my day off.. I'm not using a computer to post here in using my phone and really want to post pics but every time I do it says unable due to Memory or something like that I clicked on the full site link to join this forum and I think that's the issue. Do you know how I can go back to the mobile version?? I don't have a computer but I could try using my tablet tonight I guess either way I really like this forum and want to be more active in it as I put some $$into the truck this summer I've tried logging out and back in but no go