sorry for the crappy pictures at first, i bought the 89 with the intent of swapping the motor to my 1987 sport but after taking offroading a couple times i noticed it wasn't half bad to keep for a shuttle truck for biking and a dd but i never took time to take pictures of the severe chassis rust in the rear so there are some parts missing. but here we go.
hauling wood for the stove:about a month after i got it.
some random pictures before the frame was overhauled
the frame was so bad in the rear i decided to cut the chassis back to the shackle mounts and patch the rest up of the problem areas with 3/8ths diamond plate and i replaced the xmembers with 2x4 a500 Canadian steel and the tubular xmember i replaced with some pipe laying around,also welded up a new gas tank mount,shackle mounts, capped of the chassis and made shackles.
the setup for the shackle mounts are 3/8ths diamond plate and a lower leaf spring bushing at the end for the shackles to connect to.
the bed you see on it now is only temp,i just need it for inspection and was made from lumber i had laying around but then i will be dropping a red oak tree and having a buddy of mine that has one of those portable saw mills cut me up a bunch of a 1x6's and 1x4's to make a good one since rough cut lumber looks sooo bad ass when its stained and sealed and also it will save tons of money!
but thats about it for now so ill post more progress then when it happens.