Thread: Automatic Transmission Overdrive

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    That sounds like the linkage adjustment on the engine side.
    Also change the fuel filter.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Augusta GA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yes i have changed the fuel filter. I've adjusted the linkage on not only the engine side but the column side as well. They guy i bought the truck from told me that for whatever reason he tried to adjust the linkage on the steering column and as he done so the plastic/rubber bushings & a white spacer thing broke. Which it was as he said & incredibly loose. Even tho i adjusted it correctly and replaced the so called broken & missing parts it still is somewhat loose & still i have to crank in neutral. Finally it feels like its not in overdrive at crusing speeds 45 mph or more, like it keeps trying to change into overdrive or the next gear but it just cant. There is no difference i can feel when pushing the overdrive button on or off.

Array
    Status
    Augusta GA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yes i have changed the fuel filter. I've adjusted the linkage on not only the engine side but the column side as well. They guy i bought the truck from told me that for whatever reason he tried to adjust the linkage on the steering column and as he done so the plastic/rubber bushings & a white spacer thing broke. Which it was as he said & incredibly loose. Even tho i adjusted it correctly and replaced the so called broken & missing parts it still is somewhat loose & still i have to crank in neutral. Finally it feels like its not in overdrive at crusing speeds 45 mph or more, like it keeps trying to change into overdrive or the next gear but it just cant. There is no difference i can feel when pushing the overdrive button on or off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12