Array
    Status
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

1985 2.6L bogging down on acceleration

Runs fine if I accelerate very slowly. If I speed up too fast it sputters and loses its get-up-and-go. P much gotta be air or fuel right?

Im a 350 guy....and on those it's usually fuel filter. Replaced that with no improvement. I'll try to get a vid posted on YouTube and provide a link.

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    yes could be air or fuel (i am under the impression you replaced the air filter since you mentioned it but did you check the in tank filter to see if it was clogged-although fuel probably NOT an issue according to your last thread) or could be: timing, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, coil, vacuum leaks, clogged catalytic, improper engine operating temperature, choke not fully off....this list could go on but i'm too lazy. it has the original carb setup?(verify choke is off, if not check out: http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-for-smog-Help )...& what else has been done...yes pics or vid would help & any other symptoms would help ie-operating temp, condition of plugs, starting issues....

Array
    Status
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Original carb set up. Will verify choke.

Array
    Status
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Air filter Is good, fuel supply seems adequate, timing is spot on, operating temp is normal, new plugs. Cleaned the carb, checked the wires, checked for bad vacuum lines. Hadn't messed with anything when the problem started, just cranked and had the issue one day.

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If it was just a one time problem could it possibly have been vapour locked?

Array
    Status
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    No, it's an ongoing problem. It runs fine at certain RPMs. (No tach so I'm not sure the specific range)

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It might be the accelerator pump has quit. You might not be getting that squirt of gas when you snap the throttle down for fast acceleration and the engine is starved for fuel. When you ease up on the throttle does it smooth out? Is it possible that it starts to bog down when the secondary starts opening? If the secondary jet is clogged up it will be starved for fuel when it opens.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Look down the carb as you spin the throttle and look for the stream shot of fuel from barrel sides. Check fuel filter. Check your advancing on your distributor. Make sure the weights advance correctly. Pull hose from the carb end and take off the distributor cap, suck on the hose end and watch to see if the distributor turns as it tries to advance the rotation.

Array
    Status
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I'm having the same problem. But I seem to be able to do a brake stand fine tho.lol.. what could cause this problem on an efi engin

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Could be engine tune, bad coil pack, dirty injectors, faulty fuel pressure regulator/fuel pump, cat converter collapsed, fuel filter is clogged, bad O2 sensor...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I'm guessing it's either starved for fuel in the main circuit, or it's an ignition problem. Check your main jet and your coil. It takes more energy to put a spark through air that is loaded with fuel. A coil that works at idle/light throttle isn't guaranteed to work under heavy throttle.
    You can also try going wide open throttle and see what it does. If its flooding out, wide open will sometimes give you enough air for it to clear up