Array
    Status
    Hollywood, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Talking weber 32/36

So I want to replace the stockcarb with the 32/36 BUT I have a question. Since I live in southern California I was wondering If I would still pass smog? I have a g54b and I passed smog, I was surprised how well it did! LoL anyways is this swap going to make thatmuch of a negative difference to my smog? I really want that bad boy! If anybody knows please help!!

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have the same concern here in Canada. The EGR valve isn't used with some Webers and, if the emissions test uses the dyno, my guess is the NOX would be high. Our emissions test recently went to a two speed idle test without the dyno so NOX might not be a problem for me. If you compare the 32-36 carbs that come with the K614 and the K610 conversion kits, you will see that the K610 carb has a vacuum port for the EGR. The throttle lever is at the front of that carb though, and is not intended for auto tranny trucks.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I'm a smog tech. It may or may not pass the tailpipe depending on how it's tuned, will NOT pass visual because the Weber itself is not CARB (Cal Air Resources Board) approved on these engines and the installation disables the EGR, pulse air pump and thermostatic air cleaner. It's a ridiculous rule. If you can get it to pass the tailpipe and you explain to the tech what's going on before you test, he might be able to look the other way. If it was up to me...