Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8

'88/89 1-ton front coil spring rate Q's

Well, the shop called and said that the 5.2 is installed and ready for me to finish up the other little stuff.

BUT, he notified me that now it's sitting about 2.5" lower than what it was at BEFORE the install.
    So, I need the front spring rate for the one ton, 2wd long bed. I'm seeing from 75-210$$ JUST FOR THE SPRINGS!
    I already have some lowered spindles from Merrill but have already cut the stock ones a long time ago and don't want it too low.

With that said, If anyone knows the rate for the front, 2wd coils, It would give me a better rate as to ask for.
    OR, if anyone knows of a 1-ton sitting at a 'yard' that they'd like to help out a brotha and make a little ...
    From what I remembered seeing, the stock 1-ton springs were pretty healthy and thick compared to the reg 2wd.

thanks Errol

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

Engine

Dodge V8
    I guess I shoulda mentioned that i had already cut the front springs about 3 coils a long time ago when i did the Yota hub swap.

E

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I know stock 2wd standard springs were 500 psi - I bought a set of baker 2" lowering coils that were 6-700 psi, but that won't help you on your truck. Not sure if s-10 springs would fit our trucks, but shocks are the same length front and rear, and the spring pockets are about the same...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I was just looking at a replacement set of coils today because I'll need a higher rate spring with this heavier diesel engine. I saw Rock Auto has "heavy duty" coil springs from Moog and AC Delco for RWD trucks. I bet one of us could call or email Moog and get the spring rates. I don't know about Delco but Moog has to have the specs somewhere.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Delco may be reboxed Moog, eaton, or who knows who springs - I doubt that any part not for a GM is made by delco.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

Engine

Dodge V8
    I tried a set of S-10 lowering shocks way back when I did the yota swap and couldn't get them to fit through the hole all the way. (then couldn't for the life of me find my hand grinder) and then the nuts snapped off, and had to chisel and beat the crap out of them to get the orig ones out.
    Ended up having to install the S-10 ones on top of the inside of the lower control arm.
    I'll find out how they are when I install these lowered spindles from Merrill and the big brake parts..

Doough..! And I JUST made an order from them. (the prices aren't that cheap AFTER shipping is averaged in..)
    I'll take a look, THANKS.

Errol

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

Engine

Dodge V8
    OK.. Just went through "mighty max" and Ram50 on Rockauto, and all I see is 'helper spring' (leaf) and leaf spring bushing...?
    I went through everything that would come close to coil springs.

If any of you 'youngins' figured out easy ways to FIND these cheap, LET ME KNOW PLEASE!
    But, need the HD, one TON front coils.

I did think about the later MonterO's front coils and cut them down. But it's a little scary pulling them at a 'yard'

Errol

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

Engine

Dodge V8
    found them on PartsGeek.com for 94.00 shipped..
    BUT, it states HEAVY DUTY for the 2.0?? That's what throws me.. One ton's didn't have the 2.0 did they?

E