Array
    Status
    Hawaii
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

blower/heater not working

I have a 91 dodge ram 50 2.4l. I have used the blower and the heater before and it worked fine. Since then I haven't used it at all and now it doesn't work.

Is it a fuse? If so what fuse is it?
    Any help is greatly apprecieated

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    The blower fuse is #9 in the slot. Should be a yellow 20 amp on the top right as you look at it.

Sometimes the terminals get loose and the fuse wiggles/loosens causing the blower not to work. The fuse may still be good but make no contact. The best way to check it (if the fuse is good) is pull the fuse, turn the blower on, stick the fuse back in while moving it back and forth to see if it turns the blower on.

If that isn't the problem, the blower motor resistor may be bad. That is located in the blower motor housing unit under the dash on the right side. Its the only electrical plug there. Hard to miss. If that is good, the blower may be bad. That is also on the right under the dash right next to the blower resistor.

You could also check the ground for the blower which is under the kick panel. Its a single black wire bolted to the body of the truck.