Status
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Manual Steering

Hello all,

First let me start off by saying that i'm no mechanic whatsoever. So if anyone answer this post please explain thoroughly. I had the manual steering on my 89 max. If i hit a rut or bump in the road then that's where my truck is heading. Is there anything I can have done to help this issue out aside from changing from manual steering to power steering. I would prefer power but what all would I need to make this conversion. Oh, I will probably have someone else to do the job.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi madmaxx. Check your basic steering components - ball joints, steering links and bushes, the drag link, pitman arm and idler arm. When these things wear out it prevents the front wheels from staying aligned. When you're stationary on flat ground and you turn the steering wheel from side to side, can you feel a knock or is there some play when you change steering direction? Usually an indicator something has worn out. The steering boxes in these can develop wear/play in them but the issues normally start with steering links and joints.