Array
    Status
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Found an old friend 88 power ram

I am new to the forum. Just wanted to say hi. I have been trying to track down the first pickup I ever owned. It was a 88 power ram 50 with the rollbar, kc offroad and kc foglights all from the factory. Well yesterday I found it 100 miles away and was able to go pick it up. Vin match, license plate matched, any mods I had done were there. Was very cool to find the actual truck I parted with. Now for the bad. The engine is toast, and has some decent body damage on passenger side. My daughter and I are going to restore it to the glory it was before I made the mistake of selling it. Then I am giving it to her as her first truck. I am gonna have lots of questions I am sure. So thanks in advance and I will do my best to search before asking.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Glad to see you found the first truck you owned and got it back, even if it is a little worse for wear. I have owned Geronimo since new - August 2nd I will own him 35 years - or is it he has owned me? Welcome to the forum and post some pics - you can even start a build thread to show us the start and progress of your work.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    GO DAD!...I'm fixing up a 1983 http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=301 with my daughter....< 2 years & she'll be on the road

Array
    Status
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the welcome. Off to search some post and get this project rolling. Will post pictures of what the truck looked like when I got rid of it and what it looks like 10 years later.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Klamath Falls OR. Last time I drove through there I ran into a mosquito raid that was biblical. The road right by the lake there must of spawned trillions of them little insects and they were forming actual clouds. I have never seen anything like that before in my life and the truck was a mess of mosquito guts and inch thick. I hope this doesn't happen often up there for you guys, probably could get all your blood sucked out in 15 minutes.

And after that nice warming, Welcome to the forum.

Array
    Status
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Most of those bugs are what we call midgies. Around that lake is very bad depending on the time of the year. They will destroy a vehicle's paint as well if left on there to long. When I used to ride my sport bike I avoided dusk and dawn around that lake cause it would cover your helmet so bad you couldnt see.

Array
    Status
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have started posting pictures under the thread "The start of a restore/rebuild" in generation 2 section.

Array
    Status
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other
    That sounds like a great father daughter project, good luck.

Array
    Status
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks, and I forgot to say good luck to ragtime. I have a 4 year window but it wont take that long. I have been itching for a project and a muscle car is what I wanted just didnt have enough funds to afford a mopar. This will scratch the itch for now.