Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

New owner from Oregon.

I bought my mighty max about 2 months ago, My fuel pump just shit out and i started doing alot of research, Luckily it had a Weber and a elec. fuel pump already installed. Since I bought it I've been working with making a set of 15x10 Weld Typhoons fit, Unfourtunately they are for a Durango/Dakota(6x4.5 Bolt pattern). I ordered some wheel adapters, 1 1/4 spacer. Reason why I'm making these fit is that these wheels have never even had a tire mounted to them. Working on grinding the hubs to make the spacers/adapters fit. I just had a couple questions while I'm working on it.

1. has anyone tucked or rolled their front fenders? any information on rolling them would be much appreciated. Im not a big fan of cutting body panels.

2. the factory vinyls have clear pealing off and i tried using a heat gun in a corner, but just didnt have the patience for it. If anyone has information on taking off the vinyl, chemical wise or maybe more info on how to take off with heatgun, would be much appreciated.

more pictures to come.10968508_798362423573637_8738410608218059452_n.jpg

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    entire body panel area with sticker must be heated...then minimal glue residue & clean with autobody lacquer thinner

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Rolling fenders is not that hard. You will need a hot heat gun and depending how far you go you will probably have to repaint. The tool for rolling fenders is around $75 new and if you do purchase it, I'm sure you could rent it out here to make some money back. I personally have been searching for one of these for my TBird build which I will roll fenders on. Your also able to rent them on Ebay for about $30-$35 and get a free return to original address postage which isn't too bad.
    Remember on your rim install, I am pretty sure atleast in California that the outer edge of your tire cannot extend more then 2 inches from the edge of the fender well. So flairing the fender to keep it in these limits would probably be an idea, not speaking of the rocks that pummel your truck side either on the road. Check your local DMV for your local laws.
    Your wheel bearings will take a huge amount of stress from an outside offset rim. This will probably stress the axle and include the differential in the problem. There are fender kits out there that you can apply to extend or flair the wheel wells. Though I think the days are over for locating a manufacture that specializes in our trucks for something like that. There are substitute vehicles that can be matched for swop overs, but there will probably be some fabrication for fitting them.

Decals removed with heat is the best way I think on painted surfaces. Remember patience is a virtue, so grab a stool and take the afternoon off for that job, lol. If you have a power washer with superman abilities, you could try that way also. We have a local car wash station here that if you placed a finger in front of the jet stream of water, be prepared to lose the finger or de-skin it.

Welcome to the forum, grab some space and keep us posted on your build. Post pics, because that's what we like.
    Last edited by BradMph; 02-23-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    3m makes a decal eraser that you chuck into a drill and buff the decal and glue off without damaging the paint. I have used it on my vehicles and it works well. Those wheels with that much offset will not only stress the bearings, but the adaptors and wheel studs as well. I realize they are new, but it will take a ton or work to try and use them to find out they won't work on the truck - sell those wheels and buy something that fits.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Forgot all about those erasers for the drill, I hear those things work great too, good post PM!