Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Smile P.s swap 2.4 -> 2.0

I have decided I would like to install P steering in my D50. I found 2 parts trucks with p. steering within a short drive. But.. they are 2.4l . Will I be able to use all the parts needed for the swap? especially concerned with the pump mounting bracket, and the crank and water pump pulleys. I figure the pump/reservoir, box, lines, rack will be ok .

Anybody that have done this, have any advice?

Thanks

Array
    Status
    Newton Grove, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    2.0-2.4 pullys, lines, brackets all the same for power steering.

Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for the input. So far from what I've found, there is different part #'s between 88' and 94' pressure lines. So I am still trying to figure out what I should buy from the parts truck. And what I should buy elsewhere. I am hoping I can at least use the main components- rack, steer box, pump. But more info is needed.
    Anyone else have info?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The parts only have to match what you are installing - the pressure line would be the only thing that may be different you would have to change out - the return hose would just need possibly extra hose. The ends at the box needs to match the box. Just grab everything off the truck and sell the parts you can't use on here.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    The parts only have to match what you are installing - the pressure line would be the only thing that may be different you would have to change out - the return hose would just need possibly extra hose. The ends at the box needs to match the box. Just grab everything off the truck and sell the parts you can't use on here.
    That's what I am considering . My main problem is that I rent, and have to work roadside. So I want to know what will work to prevent downtime. Test fitting , and not knowing what will fit concerns me.