Good News - I got my new carb in yesterday and began the install today! Unfortunately, I got snowed out during the install (however I get to go ski powder tomorrow!). My one car garage is currently our storage unit... so my truck is parked out back So, this gives me a good opportunity to ask a few questions that I'm uncertain about. Please keep in mind this is my first carb replacement, so please try to be kind if I ask something stupid!

The carb I ordered is from Redline Weber. It's the replacement kit for the g63b, standard trans., and has the manual choke (i'm trying to eliminate as many electric components as I can).

1. Throttle cable hook-up: I'm a little confused here. The instructions show a 'throttle cable bracket' that should hold the throttle cable in place, but I don't see anything in my parts that looks like the picture in the instructions. The only thing close to what I see in the instructions is the lever/arm shown in the image below. I remember reading something on this forum about certain models of these carbs relocating the throttle cable to the front of the carb (closest to the front of the truck rather than the firewall) - is that what I am supposed to do?

image9.jpg image7.jpg

2.Adapter plates: This probably goes hand-in-hand with my first question. Does this look like it's backwards? The instructions state, "...Install the universal adaptor noting the position of the carb for the cable operation". I assumed that since the throttle cable was near the back of the carb, the arm for the throttle cable on the adaptor plate should be closest to the firewall, no?

image3.jpg

Here's a few more pics that might help?

image4.jpg image5.jpg image6.jpg

At the end of the day, at least this pile of crap is no longer under the hood!

image1.jpg image8.jpg

I sure wish the instructions from Weber cam with more images. I learn much easier through visuals.

All feedback is appreciated!