Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod.50 View Post
    I know this thread is somewhat old but I could really use some help on a couple questions
    1. This is one of the three fuel lines coming off the mech pump....what am I to do with this? (mech pump will have to stay until I can afford a elect one.

Hook it up to the fuel return line back to the tank.

2. Is it okay for these two ports to be capped off?

You only need the vacuum line to the distributor - all other lines are superfluous.

3. This tree of vacuum ports, can it be removed and a bolt put it block this off?

Yep, unscrew it and install a grub screw or a bung of some sort.

Attachment 18951
    4. This is the other fuel line. I imagine one is a return line but what is the other? and can they both be capped?

On the Mikuni carb there is a secondary fuel line that goes to the accelerator pump on the side of the carb and another line that goes back out to the fuel return. This secondary line from the fuel pump is connected directly to the fuel return.

5. This line I capped off because I seen that done on another thread somewhere and it goes to a manifold that has something to do with cooling

Bingo. If you want to make your manifold dedicated to the Weber install you can remove the coolant barb on the manifold and use a single barb, then thread the coolant port with an M6 tap and seal a grub screw into the port to block it off.

Attachment 18952
    6. I have not seen on any other thread what is supposed to go to this port on the carb and the instructions make no mention of it....wth!

That is the fuel bowl vent - hook this up to the vapour cannister that feeds back to the tank.

Attachment 18953
    The factory fuel pump will over pressurise the Weber carb and cause flooding and generally make the engine run poorly. Adding a regulator to the mechanical pump will cause the pump to die prematurely so you will need to install a low pressure high flow pump. And if the Weber carb you have bought doesn't have the Weber logo cast into the body of the carb or on the external pump covers, it's a fake. Sorry to see yet another victim. The problem with the 'licensed' copies are from the way they are manufactured. The internal fuel metering galleries aren't jetted and can't be changed due to them being integrally milled into the alloy casting. Doesn't matter what you do to the main jets, it will either run lean or rich...

Array
    Status
    Sallisaw, OK
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Awesome! Have it all hooked up now. I have heard that carter pumps are the way to go, any other recommendations. I knew this damn thing was a knockoff when I opened it, webercarbdirect bs. Where is a trusted vendor for the real thing/where have you guys bought yours?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Carter pump is good but it is bulky and noisy (and can be expensive if you don't shop around). Here is my recommendation for an alternative pump - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post55194

If you want a real Weber here is another link - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post27961

This post should be mandatory reading for anyone who is after a genuine Weber carb and members should direct the newbies straight to it. It saves a lot of grief, cash and confusion. Even buying a used Weber and rekitting it will always be a better option than buying a 'licensed' copy.

Array
    Status
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    Yup, the "new" Webers are Made In China crap.

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Hate to tell you this, but that carb is a knockoff weber - it will never work right. Before you try to run it, return it and get your money back. Those carbs are not worth a nickel - and don't let them tell you that it is a weber - if it has a black choke cover and the weber emblem is a sticker, or if it is an empi, its a knockoff. Webercarbsdirect is notorious for passing these off as webers - they are junk.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The only license they bought is the name - the carbs are a poor copy. The adaptors may be ok, but that is way too much for just adaptors.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123