Array
    Status
    Suisun City CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Cool Hi From Nor Cal

Hi Forum!!! My name is Nick I have a 1990 MM 2.4L 5SPD 2WD. Got the truck for dirt cheap to be a daily driver, truck runs great did a basic tune up on it. Is there any concerns I should have about the truck or need to look out for? I would like to do little things to the truck to "make it my own" I would like to get a little more power out of the motor, and try to lift it a little ( I haven't seen anything for this).

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome. There's tons of information about lifting it and some performance mods you can do to the 2.4 in the Suspension, 4x4 and Performance Mods forums. So search around a bit. Always nice to have another NorCalian on the board.

Array
    Status
    Suisun City CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Welcome. There's tons of information about lifting it and some performance mods you can do to the 2.4 in the Suspension, 4x4 and Performance Mods forums. So search around a bit. Always nice to have another NorCalian on the board.
    Thank I will look into them forums.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    Check your timing belt/ balance shaft belt and associated components behind the timing cover. Keep your cooling system in good order. Too many of us have suffered broken belts from lack of maintenance and cracked cylinder heads from overheating the engine.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yeah, re-torque your cylinder head bolts to spec 50 and/or 500 miles after the head comes off for any reason. Apparently not re-torqueing after so many heat cycles can lead to blown head gaskets and cracked heads. Keep your cooling system flushed and clean.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    welcome to the site, I'm a fellow Solano county member. I would definitely recommend new timing and balance shaft belts along with all associated pulleys and tensioners. Besides that with normal mnt. you should be ok.

Array
    Status
    Suisun City CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by crvtec90 View Post
    Check your timing belt/ balance shaft belt and associated components behind the timing cover. Keep your cooling system in good order. Too many of us have suffered broken belts from lack of maintenance and cracked cylinder heads from overheating the engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Yeah, re-torque your cylinder head bolts to spec 50 and/or 500 miles after the head comes off for any reason. Apparently not re-torqueing after so many heat cycles can lead to blown head gaskets and cracked heads. Keep your cooling system flushed and clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    welcome to the site, I'm a fellow Solano county member. I would definitely recommend new timing and balance shaft belts along with all associated pulleys and tensioners. Besides that with normal mnt. you should be ok.
    Right on thanks guys. Hey DroppedMitsu I think you know a buddie of mine Brandon Anuzzie.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Oh yea I know Brandon, havent seen him for a while. Small world