Array
    Status
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Oregon Newbie

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Just picked up an 88 MM as another rig. Seems like its going to be a bit of a headache as it appears to have hacked wiring and engine swap done on it. Firewall plate and vin code D says its 2.0 but it is the 2.6 motor with a webber carb on it. Truck is a bit rough but for 400 bucks I couldnt really complain. fresh brakes and motor was rebuilt (supposedly) I am trying to fix a few issues on it such as lack of OD function and it seems to bog down when secondaries open. Also noticed the kick down cable for the auto trans isnt hooked up to anything...

Guess that should sum up the new project. In addition my name is Eric and im from the Roseburg, Oregon area

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum. To fix some of the ills you stated - for the kickdown calbe, you either need to get the auto kickdown linkage adaptor from redline weber or pace engineering, or make one - the tranny will not shift right without it. There is a wire from the tranny that goes to a sensor on the intake manifold that controls the OD to work once the motor is warmed up. Either the sensor is bad, not there, or the wire is just hanging there. That wire can be grounded to the grounding terminals on the intake below the carb and then the OD will work all the time. If the truck was originally an auto, there would be a button on the shift lever to turn the OD on or off - that could also be missing, bad, or not hooked up. We do have manuals online for you to trace out the wiring for this. As for the bog on secondary opening - is it running the stock mechanical pump or electric? Did you change the fuel filter back at the tank? We also love pics - condition not important.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I appreciate the input and the welcome. I can try and get some pictures soon. Internet here is pretty sub par. I think I know which sensor holds the wire to my OD. I havent yet had the time to see if its running electric or mechanical fuel pump let alone change or even check on the fuel filter yet. I figure I have no qualms about rewiring the OD to a toggle switch personally. It is a factory auto with the push button OD. Also I noticed in a manual I picked up that one of the wiring diagrams shows automatic transmission controller. I wonder if I have it let alone where its located.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Mechanical pump will be between the 2 intake ports on head. Electric pump usually back by the fuel tank, also where the filter is also. Slide under truck by the gas filler. Bogging on secondary's could be a lean issue or the choke is not opening completely. Could be also the distributor advance, but these are wild guesses.

Some pics are always nice to have, when you get the chance post some up and we'll help with info you may need.

Welcome to forum.

Array
    Status
    Suisun City CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum

Array
    Status
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    So this truck doesnt have a mechanical fuel pump. and currently choke is disabled but working on fixing that as well.