Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Chuck the 83 Ram 50

Hi I'm Luke. I'm a BMW Guy at heart but have always wanted a truck too. After I sold my last BMW (2nd e34 V8 5 Speed, 3rd Bmw) I picked up chuck a 1983 Dodge Ram 50 Custom 2wd 2.6L Engine with sport seats for $850. As of right now its my only vehicle (DD) and my fun off-road truck! Plans are to redo the whole interior in black, reupolster the seats, replace the rubber floor mat with black carpet, paint inside of cab black, replace cracked dash, install new radio and 2 12' subs. I can't decide if I want to lift & 4x4 or lower and make drift truck. Well here is a picture of him and I'll update the next time I do something cool to him. =)

Chuck the Truck!.jpg

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Chuck - meet Geronimo...welcome to the forum.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    What's Up Chuck! lol

That's a purdy truck you have, Looks very clean for '83. Remember that Southern Cal is not the coolest place and black will get warm in the sun. Perhaps some quality window tint with some ultra violet protection can keep that a little easier during the warm months.
    There is also some VHT vinyl spray dye that is just remarkable stuff. Spray it on and the wear properties are just great. It looks even better when it dries too. I have used it in several places on vehicles and last very long. You can't tell the difference between replaced or spray dyed. Fixing the dash would be an easier thing to do. Filler and Spray dye it and it will be much better on the wallet.

Welcome to the Forum

Mitsy can be seen on links below.
    Last edited by BradMph; 01-27-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    What's Up Chuck! lol

That's a purdy truck you have, Looks very clean for '83. Remember that Southern Cal is not the coolest place and black will get warm in the sun. Perhaps some quality window tint with some ultra violet protection can keep that a little easier during the warm months.
    There is also some VHT vinyl spray dye that is just remarkable stuff. Spray it on and the wear properties are just great. It looks even better when it dries too. I have used it in several places on vehicles and last very long. You can't tell the difference between replaced or spray dyed. Fixing the dash would be an easier thing to do. Filler and Spray dye it and it will be much better on the wallet.

Welcome to the Forum

Mitsy can be seen on links below.
    Thanks! And yes window tint is a must. He actually has a lot of rust sadly =( Hopefully I can fix it all. There's even rust on the dash =(

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Welcome Luke. Max says, Yo Chuck, then he mumbled something about eating your cake and lowerd? 4x4 turbo? blah blah drift? (He don't get out much)

I've got 18" wheels with a 2 inch boby drop, but I really like the stock wheels. We've all had rust issues, so you can cure Chuck's cancer and give him balls like your BMW had.

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdees View Post
    Welcome Luke. Max says, Yo Chuck, then he mumbled something about eating your cake and lowerd? 4x4 turbo? blah blah drift? (He don't get out much)

I've got 18" wheels with a 2 inch boby drop, but I really like the stock wheels. We've all had rust issues, so you can cure Chuck's cancer and give him balls like your BMW had.
    I'll fix the rust and put a M62 (4.0 V8) BMW Engine in him!