Thread: More Weber 32/36 Issues, I think.

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Unhappy More Weber 32/36 Issues, I think.

I have a Weber 32/36 dfav on my 1987 Mighty Max, And just recently I started having an issue when starting the truck. When I start it cold, it starts, and idles fine, and smokes a tiny bit when first started, but after it warms up and I shut the truck off, and start it a few minutes later I must hold the pedal to the floor, and crank it for 2-3 seconds, and it starts and smokes like crazy, doesn't want to idle. ect. After about a few seconds it is fine. But one time I did the same thing and had the front end pointed down hill, and I had about 7 people in my truck, two in the front, and 5 under the camper shell,(so about 1050 lbs (Give or take 100) more than I usually have in the back, and of course it was hard to accelerate) and it was a pretty hard to start after we arrived at our destination and were on our way back, and after it did, it violently "Chugged" as I was driving, so I held the clutch and floored it and it would only go about 3000rpm, but slowly it climbed back up, and after that, it ran fine.

So, what do you think is causing this, I talked to an old mechanic and he says that gas could be coming out of the float when I turn it off, and it causes it to flood. Also I am missing the AFM screw (I think) to the secondary, it has never caused any problems before, but do you know where I could find another one.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Sounds like the float is sinking in the carb or is way out of adjustment - that would cause the flood after running. also check the needle and seat for excessive wear; if its wrn, the fuel won't shut off when the fuel level should shut off flow and flood the carb. Not sure what the afm screw is you are referring to, I have to look in my weber manual to see what it does.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Think he means air/fuel mixture screw

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Ok here are some pictures, the first one is on the primary side, and the second is on the secondary side, all I know is that when I adjust the primary one it acts just the same as the air fuel mixture screw does. And the last is the model numbers (32/36 DFAV).