Array
    Status
    Orlando , FL
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Mighty won't restart high idle Bouncing RPMs

Alright this is on my 1996 mighty max with 147k on it, within the last year a dozen or so times I will stop at a gas station and come back out and the truck won't start back up.. wait 5-10 minutes and the truck starts right back up. From time to time it will have surging RPMs and or a high idle but I think this maybe due to a tps problem I have not cared to fix as the problem is every once in awhile. 90% of the times she is 100% normal its just the 10% she has a mind of her own. I had a feeling the fuel pump was getting weak and changed it out today along with a new strainer and took it for a drive shut her off and attempted to restart her first two times truck started right back up and then the third time it starts up and dies right away. Let it sit come back out and it starts and runs fine.. Any ideals ? 2.4 fuel injection 5 speed ?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Fuel filter by the tank been changed? I'm not a pro at EFI, but someone here is and they will check in soon. Your not boiling the fuel either? vapor lock! EFI systems usually are under a lot of pressure in the fuel line, but you said that you changed the pump. You checked the pressure since? That waiting sounds like it is refilling a bowl on a carb engine, but with your EFI I'm not to sure on.

and fix your TPS, lol.

Just a couple suggestions is all.

Array
    Status
    Orlando , FL
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    yea vapor lock is the way I explained it to myself as I have owned many carbureted vehicles but so not the case, going to get a TPS tomorrow and see if that helps at all